Now that it is summertime I am the only one waking up early in my house. Soon after I awaken I spend a little time doing what I want before I am off to work. I tend to my flowers, watering them and enjoying the morning sounds with birds singing and the sun just up for a new day. When I water my flowers I pray, I meditate and I daydream.
I remember summers as a child. In honor of my childhood thoughts I created a wish list. Some wishes are playful and some are deep from my heart.
- I could hear Nolan’s laugh
- I had a time machine
- I didn’t have to welcome another grieving parent to a support group on FB or in person at Compassionate Friends. It is sad there are so many of us.
- I didn’t cry everyday
- I didn’t have baggy tired eyes from the daily crying
- I didn’t have to sometimes wear a mask to work
- Sam could have his brother back
- I could be as joyful and happy as I know Nolan and my loved ones are in heaven
I will keep tending to my flowers. I continue praying, meditating and dreaming…..